Warts were as omnipresent on my fingers as a youth as fruit roll-up and other junk food items. I remember distinctly having a huge two-inch one the palm-side of my third finger. It gave me the finger when I gave it to others! All joking aside warts are still seen as a social stigma; like lice, people automatically assume only unhygienic people get this malady. But it is simply not true. What is true is that warts are highly contagious (but never dangerous). Luckily, natural remedies for warts abound! Before we cover them let’s review exactly what are warts.
Warts are brown or flesh-colored raised surfaces on the skin. They are commonly hard growth which are easily identifiable and diagnosed, but on occasion certain types of warts are conspicuous and look like regular skin. Warts are caused by dozens of different strands of viruses though the most common one is verruca vulgaris. Warts can appear anywhere on the body, but perhaps the most infamous ones are the genital (caused by the HPV sexually-transmitted infection HPV) or the plantar (underside of foot) varieties.
(Read our articles on natural remedies for ear infections, stomach ulcers, bad breath & UTIs.)
Natural Remedies for Warts
Here at Naturopathic Earth we endorse the exhaustion of all natural & folk remedies prior to conventional treatments. So before calling the doctor to have the wart burnt or frozen off with cryotherapy or trying OTC liquid nitrogen or Compound W try out these common natural remedies:
- As with most maladies limit your sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Increase your prebiotic & probiotic foods to strengthen your microbiome. (Much of your immune system resides in the gut).
- Increase your intake of Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and glutathione, the master anti-oxidant, immune system fighter.
Natural Remedies (applied directly onto wart):
- Squeeze lemon juice.
- Squeeze apple cider vinegar.
- Apply banana peels.
- Massage in baking soda.
- Apply pineapple juice or extract.
- Apply fresh garlic.
- Wring out the sap of a dandelion root and apply daily. (Link for Amazon Dandelion extract.)
- Apply Aloe Vera.
- Apply mashed-up Milkwort onto the wart daily.
- Apply lemon oil directly onto wart
- Apply tea tree oil
- Use oils that strengthen the immune system (like rosemary, geranium, or juniper).
- Dulcamara & Kali Muriaticum are great for warts on the extremity.
- Causticum is a great one for warts anywhere on the body. (Consult a homeopath prior to use).
(Read our article on Sleep Biohacking & Intermittent Fasting.)
Warts are not life-threatening, solely embarrassing. Since most of our readers already possess numerous essential oils and herbs, try out the aforementioned before using an OTC or dermatological treatment.
Subscribe to Naturopathic Earth Radio.
A. Gregory Luna
(We would appreciate your comments below.)
Lump under armpit and same on outter vagina? | Yahoo Answers
i have a lump under my armpit
FORTIS dental hygienist schools can provide you with the training and classes you need to excel in your career. Enroll today!
Newfoundland dog breeders ontario
Treatments Given by Self-Injection. The first three long-term treatments for multiple sclerosis (MS) became available in the early to mid 1990s and were dubbed the
The University of Alberta is a Top 5 Canadian university located in Edmonton, Alberta, and home to 40000 students in a wide variety of programs.