Green smoothies are a go-to in any clean eating and/or weight loss plan. Why? A couple of reasons:
- We simply aren’t eating enough vegetables in a typical day. A green smoothie is a simple remedy for that deficiency.
- Unlike my fruit-based smoothies (which may feature tons of sugar if not done properly), green smoothies’ main ingredients are vegetables which offer little-to-no carbs or sugar.
Myriad of green smoothie recipes abound on the Internet. But debates rage as to the ideal one. The ratio of vegetable to fruit; milk-based liquid base vs. ice. As with all our recipes, we here at Naturopathic Earth are a firm proponent of fat in all of our smoothies, for it brings satiety (fullness), taste, and an extra packing of macronutrients.
The Beauty of the Avocado Apple Green Smoothie
This Avocado Apple Green Smoothie brings loads of nutrient goodness. The vegetables, apples, & avocado bring fiber and phytonutrients (plant nutrients). The full-fatness of the yogurt and milk bring a nice frothiness to this avocado apple green smoothie. The apple and honey will bring just enough sweetness to it to make it palatable. The ginger & lemon will help clean out and regulate your digestive system (among other things).
(Read our article on the health benefits of ginger.)
Avocado Apple Green SmoothiesPrint This
- 1 Cup of Unflavored Full-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Avocado (peeled & pitted)
- 2 teaspoons of raw organic honey (locally-grown is ideal)
- 3 Cups of Organic Spinach
- 2 Apples (cored)
- 1/2-1 inch knob of ginger (peeled & chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon
Opt out of the Greek yogurt if you would like it to be a vegan smoothie. Opt for unflavored coconut milk to reduce the sugar intake.
This Avocado Apple Green Smoothie will bring delight on a hot summer day. Relish the feeling!
Subscribe to NPE Radio for clean eating, weight loss, & natural remedies and more!
(We would appreciate your comments and recipe alterations below.)